The Patronen SS ball round (7.92×57) was introduced in 1933 to replace the original WWI, 1903 Patronen S round. These are marked for MG (machine gun) use.
The blue stripe indicates that the cases were either steel or copper plated. Steel casings are generally cheaper to produce. The lacquer was used to protect the steel from rusting.
This WWII German Cartridge Ammunition Box is a reproduction of an original in our collection. It features the correct German-style box construction like the original. The box is empty of ammo.
As with the original, the cartridge boxes fit inside the large German Battle Pack Ammunition Box.