This WWII Turban is made from a WWII pattern, perfect for holding (or hiding) your hair in its set or in curlers. Every WAC, Nurse and WAVE should have them in their footlocker or kit. WASPs were required to wear white ones while flying.
This style turban was worn by the Americans and the British. The Turban is made of cotton blend material and is machine washable.
- The Turban comes in Solid Colors and Prints. The solid colors are appropriate for military impressions and are:
- Red (Rosie the Riveter)
- White (WASP, Army Nurse Corps, WAVES)
- Green (WAC)
- Blue (WAVES)
- Khaki (WAC)
- The small prints, appropriate for WWII civilians and other war worker impressions, are:
- Blue Gingham Check
- Blue Polka Dot
- Navy Blue Polka Dot
- Cherries on Pink
- Red Polka Dot
- Red Gingham Check.
- Holly Leaf Gingham Check
- Little Red & Blue Flowers on Green
- Cherries on Beige
How to wear:
- Pin the front of the Turban to your head.
- Cross the tails in the back and wrap around to the front of your head.
- Tie the tails in the front, in any style that appeals to you and tuck the tails in the turban.
- Tuck any loose hair on the side or back under the turban.
- You can also free those front top curls from the front of the turban for another 1940’s look